Monday, January 20, 2014



*At Christmas we learned that Christina had gotten frostbite walking from their car into the church.  As a Mom, it was tough to hear and I felt rather helpless so I began knitting a double wool scarf for her--it is heavier than most of my sweaters. It was a small way to send her some support as well as love from home.  This week I had also been worried about her sleeping and would wake up in the middle of the night to find her on my mind and would pray for her to be able to sleep.  I marvel at the way I can feel what she is going through and am grateful for the opportunity and faith to be be able to pray for her and know that Heavenly Father will watch over her.




Hello!
Haha I'm glad I didn't have to have the brussel sprouts....and no, I haven't found a good way to eat them ;) That is exciting that you guys have a fireplace now though! I'm sure it's well loved. Haha it's probably a sad thing when 7 degrees sounds really warm...Yesterday it actually got above 30 degrees, it was so warm we were only wearing light cardigans! (of course we weren't really outside much, just going into church) It's good to hear that everyone is doing fairly well, life sounds crazy, but that's the usual!  
 I know without a shadow of a doubt that Satan is attacking the family more and more everyday. He knows how many blessings would not come if the family is destroyed. He knows how important the family is, and how much potential children have. I really believe that the world is just going to get worse and worse, it will be a harder place to live in 10 years from now, and it is so important that children are raised in a good home. Not perfect by any means, but a good one. It breaks my heart to see children suffering because of their parents neglect and bad choices. I was sitting in sacrament meeting yesterday, and noticed that we have a lot of grandma's who bring their grandchildren to church. Our ward is a little smaller than the one at home, but we have 4 or 5 grandmas who bring their grandchildren every week because the parents won't. I have talked to most of the ladies, and they are really incredible women, it's so sad to see them have to essentially raise their grandchildren though. Sad for the children. Anyways, sorry about that long tangent! We were able to go to a strengthening home and family conference last Saturday with one of our investigators. It was put on by the RS and combined the two wards that meet in the building. It was a wonderful conference, it was very neat to be able to be uplifted by such incredible women! I was reminded of my potential again a little bit. I was reminded that I need to strive to be the best me. Not the best missionary, not the best friend, not preparing to be the best mom or wife someday, but just the best me. That is all that is expected of me. Sometimes I tend to lose sight of that, but I know that if we all try to just be the best people we can be that everything else will fall into place. We will be able to be the best we can at our callings, and in every other crazy role we play in life! Sister Hartley and I were also reminded that we need to have fun. It has been a very draining week, so we hadn't done many fun things. Our dinner canceled on us Saturday night, so I decided to make macaroni. She had never made homemade macaroni, so we made a video pretending to be on a cooking show making macamoni! Haha it was really amusing, I'll send it home sometime! I've learned that you just have to make yourself laugh somehow. (it's harder or somedays than on others;) ) 
Thank you so much for the package with the scarve and plums! It was wonderful, I don't know which one I enjoyed more ;) The scarve is really great though, it is long enough to cover my face and neck and is really pretty! My companion is pretty jealous though ;) Thanks for all the letters as well, I love them all....and will reply eventually ;) Thank you for the prayers. I really appreciate them. Haha ironically enough, I have not been sleeping well lately, but it'll get better i'm sure. I had an interesting experience saturday morning though. We were going to wake up early to go exercise at the church, and so we woke up and I got up with the worst headache I have had in a long while. I took some advil, then told sister Hartley that we could go, and I just wouldn't exercise. We decided to stay and sleep instead. I went to get up when we need to, and still had an awful headache. I felt like I was going to throwup everytime I moved! I told her I was going back to sleep, and slept for another hour. I got up and was just fine after that. I think it was almost a way of Heavenly Father telling me I needed more sleep, and making sure I got it! haha it was sort of an amusing experience. Well, I hope all goes well this week, thanks much for the picture, I love it! I love and miss you all!
Love,
Sister Christina Trickler

No comments:

Post a Comment