Monday, July 7, 2014



Hello! I hope all is going well at home! Thanks for the email, I loved it :) We only have a little bit of time to email today due to having our p-day on the 4th, but I will see what I can fit in! ;)
Summer has hit, and it sure is hot! Holy Moly, humidity is something new to this girl, and she's still getting use to it! And we saw fireflies too this week! We weren't able to go to fireworks because they were too late at night, but Sister Callister and I stood on our porch and watched them from there....and we saw quite a few fireflies! It was the best :) I'm glad the kids are enjoying swimming, I have to admit that is one thing I miss quite a bit! There is a city pool in the center of town that we pass quite a bit....it is tempting to jump in when it is 85 degrees, and super humid!! And I am sure that Jackie is quite the teacher. She has more patience than I ever had! Have fun in Flaming George, is the whole family going? It has been quite a while since that has happened. And speaking of the cousins, has anyone heard anything from Brandon? I wonder what he's doing...if I could I would just call him up! Oh my goodness, I do the same thing when I am laying on the floor! I have to get my exercise somehow, jk ;)
I'm glad that the 4th was a fun occasion, what is Tanner doing with his life? Is he still going to USU? It was fun here for the 4th, we had a p-day, so we went to the parade....the most unique parade I have ever been to before. It was fantastic, there were 6 or 7 different bands, which is always my favorite part, no royalty and a lot of people! It was fun to sit by the ward, and just feel slightly normal for a few hours...and I got to use my voice which was good. I miss being able to cheer at athletic events and such, so I got it all out! My poor companion ;) I too am so very grateful for the country in which we live. It isn't perfect, but it is so much better than a lot of them out there. Holidays are an interesting experience on the mission, you have the opportunity to celebrate the holiday without all of the fun things that you usually do at home. I have had the chance to really think about what they all mean. It is great :)
We were able to see another one of our investigators get baptised this week. It was a really interesting experience. Morning of, we got told that we were planning it (which we weren't planning on doing) So it was a really stressful day, due to the fact that it was the 5th of July and lots of people were gone anyway! We got it all done though, we had all the necessary people there, but not much more than that. It was one of the most spiritual baptisms I have had though. There were just a few of us, but the spirit was so strong. It reminded me that all that matters is the actual ordinance. It doesn't matter how many people are there, or what the refreshments are, or even how well the talk goes. It just matters that the baptism is performed in the proper way by the proper authority. As long as Konnor has a desire to follow Christ, everything else will fall into place. It will be good :) You will have to take pictures and send them to me.
We are going to meet our new mission president tomorrow, I will let you know how that goes. I think it will be good though, change is good. I just pray that the music rule is changed!! ;) I am not sure how long I am going to be in Austin, I will be here at least until the 23th of July. I have been here nearly 6 months though, so it's anyone's guess if I am staying or if Sister Callister is staying! We find out in 2 weeks. Until then though, we are going to get work done! :) My tomatoes are a little small still, but they are doing well. I think they like the heat, and all the rain we have had! Riding a bike in a skirt is an adventure, and I am sure we help a lot of people find a reason to laugh! Haha really though, it is one of my favorite things. It is good to get exercise, and I feel like we can talk to more people when we are biking rather than in a car! Haha I feel that way too sometimes Kaycee! But it's good. I'm nearly to halfway, that is rather strange! Just one more winter :) I hope you all have a lovely week, you are in my prayers!
Love, Sister Christina Trickler

1 comment: