Monday, September 22, 2014



Haha hello! I don't know if you meant to send a letter....but if you did it didn't send! I trust that everything is going well at home! As for things here, they are good. It froze for the first time this week, we were able to see our breath running. It has come way too fast! We are into the season of tights, and fall jackets. That is alright though, there is a time for every season, right?
Well, this week has been good...we have been busy, meeting people, and such. The usual missionary life :) This past Saturday we had an interesting experience. We had 3 appointments scheduled, and 4 or 5 stop-bys lined up. Before noon all of them had canceled on us. It was just crazy! We decided to do some knocking, and some different stopbys. It was sort of a long afternoon, but that evening we decided to stop by a less active sister that we had never heard of. She opened the door and said "I am not going to come back to church, but you can come in!" Haha alrighty then. We did just that. We ended up talking to her for 45 minutes. It turns out that her phone just broke, and she was dying to hear from someone! She was almost in tears, and said that we had made her day! It was a really great visit. It reminded me of the story in the bible where Jesus leaves the 99 and goes for the 1. Sometimes in life we are led to the 1, no one else needed us that day but that sister. Even though it was sort of a long one, it was a success because were able to see the one! Miracles surely do happen! Other than that...nothing too exciting, just the same as usual! We are getting quite excited for general conference, it is seriously one of my favorite parts of the year! And, I am learning Chinese! Haha very slowly, but surely. My companion is a patient one, which is quite the blessing! 
Today I was looking through quotes that I had to decorate my planner with, and I found this one. "The gospel teaches us to be happy, to have faith rather than fear, to find hope and overcome despair, to leave darkness and turn towards the lights of the everlasting Gospel" By: President Body K. Packer. Isn't that a great one? I love the hope that is found in this gospel. It is hope that isn't found in a lot of other places. We are so blessed to know that there is hope, that things can and will get better. That because of the Atonement we can change! Change is real. I have seen it over and over again both in my life and in the lives of those who I come in contact with. The Lord wants to help us! He wants us to become better, and to eventually become perfect. It sure can seem like a long road sometimes, but it is a beautiful one.
Well, I sure hope that you all have a great week, and find some reason to laugh!!!
Love,
Sister Christina Trickler

No comments:

Post a Comment