Tuesday, November 11, 2014



Hello! 
It is officially winter here in Minnesota! We have aproximately a foot of snow, and it came fast! Since we live out in the boonies, it is really bad...so we are stuck inside. Luckily we live in a member's home so we can email and such! 
Exciting news of the week...we were able to go to the temple! Not only that, but I was able to see one of the sisters from Austin! It was super super great :) I highly recommend going if you are able, and have time! It is worth it. There is an incredible amount of peace and hope. The St. Paul temple is very tiny, but still beautiful! It was interesting. That night after having gone to the temple, Sister Huang and I were knocking. Lots of rejections, little opportunity for conversation. It was so sad to us. It was very obvious that these people are lost and confused. They are looking for truth, but not finding it. Their lives would be so much better if they listened with an open heart to the message we share! Also, I was reminded that members of the church have many opportunities to share the gospel that we missionaries never have. Friends, family listen to members much more than they will listen to missionaries! Members just need to do that first step, we can take it from there ;) 
Thanksgiving sounds fun, take pictures ;) I am glad that you and dad were able to get away for a bit, I'm sure that was a great experience!
Good for Jackie! If she works hard, she can make it. Also, cutting out junk food and such could make a difference. I sure hope she makes it....it's quite the experience :)
Matthew: Good that he is busy. You are definitely right, I need that too desperatly. Today we were stuck at home, and I seriously can not handle myself, I just don't know what to do! I tried to do a puzzle, that lasted only a few minutes, playing the piano lasted about 10 minutes. Oh china. It is going to be a struggle coming home I think! I just need to be busy! I'll get a job and such and it will work out i'm sure ;) I am glad that everyone else is doing well. They are all growing up! And good for Tiffany, I would absolutely love to play the violin right now! I sure do miss it. 
Transfers are the day before thanksgiving. We will find out that Monday, and I will let you know! I hope you all have a great week!!
Sincerely, 
Sister Christina Trickler 

No comments:

Post a Comment