Tuesday, April 15, 2014



It's so good to hear from you, as it usually is :) It sounds like life is crazy, but I hope you are having some fun as well.  I'm glad you got the picture, we were helping our friend Sister Register (who is friends with you on fb) pull up carpet in her parent's house, then we took out all the staples in the floor...it took a long time, but it was very fun :) It reminded me of working at home a little bit! Then on Saturday, we helped an elderly couple grout their floor. They were sanding it, then painting it. I really was missing music while we worked, so Sister Amis and I began a competition of sorts to see what songs we knew, and how many verses! (of hymns of course ;) ) It was really a lot of fun. I'm going to have to introduce you two sometime, you would get along quite well, I am sure! Speaking of that...today, we are making skirts at Sister Register's house. She works all day, but said we were free to use her machine and such any time we wanted! We bought material, zippers and a pattern this morning, so I am very excited! It is the same pattern I used for my white lace skirt, so it should be easy but good. We need another good length of skirt to ride bikes in, so we decided to make some! I'm glad it was warm for a while, it was nice here too...then we woke up this morning to snow :( What do you do though haha.
 I have to say the hardest thing for me about being on a mission is knowing that i'm not there to help...that there really isn't much I can do. It has taught me a lot about relying on the Savior though. Do you remember my friend Lexi? She wrote me a letter and mentioned in it that while we are on missions our family and friends can't be helped much by us, they are in the Savior's hands though. Which reminds me of my favorite scripture that I found again last night....1 Nephi 21:15-16. I love that one so much. (and I really just like most of Isaiah...it's thought provoking!).

You know, it is a really amazing journey being on a mission. It's an experience unlike any I will or have ever had. It is the hardest think I've ever done, and the most  rewarding. It's the happiest and the most miserable. I have never felt so many emotions in my life! And such intensity of emotions. I love the people here so much. Even if I have just met them, I can really feel a little bit of the love that Heavenly Father has for them. It is quite a privilege. I don't know that I have ever had so much fun, or laughed so hard! But at the same time I've never felt this discouraged, or heartbroken because of people's choices. It has been a great eye-opener to not only how other people act and how prevalent satan is in our society, but to who I am and what motivates me. I am learning when to keep my mouth shut...but am still working on that one ;) It's a crazy experience a mission is!
Lets see, what else...Oh, an interesting thought I have had lately. We have interviews with the mission president tomorrow, and he asked us to think of 3 questions to ask him. One doctrinal question, one missionary question, and one personal question. It has been really interesting to think of different questions. What kind of questions would I ask if I could ask the Savior three questions. I have had a lot of unanswerable questions lately which has been really fun. I think questions are so important to who we are. They teach us so much, and really make us think! I never have been the kind of person who could just follow blindly...I always have had questions, and I think it is a good thing! But doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith. Questions are good, but we need to make sure that they don't make us turn away from the source of all answers!
Well, I hope and pray you all have a great week! I hope it is sunny and warm, and that you find time to be crazy and dance a little ;) I love and miss you all lots!

No comments:

Post a Comment