Tuesday, December 9, 2014



Hello, It is great to hear from you on this gloomy monday day! We are recieving sleet/snow right now, so the sky is rather gray. I have discovered that I function a lot better with sunshine, so I have moved my desk to the kitchen table where I can open the blinds and see the sun on sunny days. It is great :) It is rather warm though, in the mid-20's. 
Thanks for the package in advance, and yes, we will be smart. As for Sister Huang, she is still in St. Francis, and her first name is Yu-Wen. Speaking of her, I get to see her today at a zone activity!! I am very very excited. We are going to play Volleyball, and watch the best two years. I don't believe that I have seen that movie, so it should be interesting! Also, I have played Volleyball more on my mission than in my entire life, and I still have no coordination. Haha hence the reason I stuck to Swimming and Running. I digress. 
It sounds like things are crazy busy at home, as per usual. That is good though, I am glad all the kids are having fun.. Oh man, speaking of Kaycee's braclet....I sent something for Zander too, but it was "an odd shape" and so we got it back. I'll send something today for him...sorry! Oh man, I won't be home in 4 days....but will be able to see you all in less than 20! I can't believe that Christmas is here again, time just seems to fly. 
Speaking of Christmas, did you have the chances to watch the Christmas Devotional? It was really great. I always love the music, that is definitely my favorite part. If you didn't get to see it, I would highly recommend looking it up. So last night after watching the devotional, and making some necessary phone calls, we had a neat experience. It was 8:50, and we work until 9:00. I have learned that being obedient is the best policy....and I need all the help I can get ;). That being the case, we decided to stop by a less-active family that lives near to us. We pulled over, got out of the car, and realized that we didn't have their house number, just the street. After walking down the street for a few minutes, I decided that we needed to stop and pray. We did so, and after a few moments, decided to knock two houses, one that I would pick, and one that my companion would pick. We walked up to the first one, and.....they answered! The family that we were looking for! Not only did they answer, but they let us in, and we were able to share a message about the Christmas season. The husband spoke broken English, and the Wife only Spanish, but the spirit was still strong, and they said we could come back and visit them sometime. Walking away, I was reminded that obedience bring blessings.But having faith and obedience brings miracles. I think it is so important that we all try to recognize the little miracles that happen every day in our lives! A lot of times they are simple, such as having a sunny day or being able to see a good friend. But they are always enough to remind me that we are all loved. We have a Father who knows us perfectly well. 
Back to your email: That is really strange that Matt and Marshall are going to be home soon. There are a lot of missionaries coming home these next few months. Both friends from home, and friends from the mission. Crazy. 
Good luck with your lesson. Back in Austin we taught Gospel Principles the majority of the time, and Relief Society a couple times. Ever since then I have definitely had great motivation to listen, and participate in lessons!
Well, I hope that you all have a lovely week!
And yes, we will be safe. ;)
Love,
Sister Christina Trickler
Oh, p.s. Thanks so much for the music and chocolate milk!!! It came at a much needed time. Just one question though, was the piano guys CD meant to come with out a CD in it just to make me laugh? Haha if so, it worked! Have a lovely one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment