Wednesday, March 18, 2015



Hello!
Oh man, I probably will get the letter today. I'm sure more details will be in the letter. I am always so grateful for the Plan of Salvation when people pass on. I remember at Angelica's funeral, first knowing the truth of the Plan of Salvation. I was so sad, but knew without a doubt that she was happy and in a better place. What an amazing gospel this is. I am sure that great-grandma is in a better place, that she is happy and free from pains. My thoughts and prayers are with you all. I hope that you enjoy the trip down to Arizona.....and make it back safely! 
This week was a crazy one. We had a African culture night in our ward. Due to a series of unfortunate events, us sisters got put in charge of a lot of it super last minute, so that took up a lot of our time. But funny story with that party. It happened Friday night. Friday morning we went to help our African mom make soup and fufu. Fufu is a dough....sort of like mashed potatoes made out of plantain flour. You eat it with peanut butter soup. Haha it was so much fun! Our soup had some seafood in it though....shrimp of course, and fish. As in the whole fish. We were driving the food to the church later in the day, and due to the craziness and the fullness of our car, I had the soup sitting on my lap as I drove. I kept thinking that someone was watching me...you know that feeling that you get sometimes? Well, I realized why. I looked down, and the fish was staring back up at me! Haha it was delicious :). The next day a member made us some great shrimp pasta for dinner....it was a seafood week! Who knew, living in Minnesota I would have the opportunity to try so much seafood? Craziness.
We had the opportunity to go to new missionary training this week on Wednesday. I haven't been in.....a long time ;). A lot of it was stuff that I already knew, so most of my focus was on keeping my companion awake, but there was a sister that came and presented information on depression and anxiety that was really good. These are things that a lot of missionaries struggle with. . I really liked the fact that we had the conversation though. Sometimes there is a tendency in the mission field (and at home I think) to pretend that depression and anxiety doesn't exist. There are resources that can help though! The sister kept saying that life (or the mission) is not meant to be miserable! We are suppose to have joy, and if for an extended period of time, we are not having joy....something needs to change! Don't get me wrong, everyone has bad days....and sometimes even multiple bad days in a row, but it's not normal to have multiple weeks of constant bad days! Anyways, that was good. 
Last night we had another cool experience. We were planning on going to President's fireside, but our investigator couldn't come last minute. I should mention that we have to have an investigator come with us if we go. Anyways, a sister in our ward called us asking if we were going, because she had a non--member friend going. We quickly decided that we would go! It was a really great program, great music. After the program, I was able to see and talk to one of my best friends....Sister Parke!!!! She served with me for nearly 8 months. I love that girl. :) She's a great missionary. While I was talking to her, Sister Dumas saw someone across the room that she recognized. It turns out that the sister she saw, served as a sister missionary in her home ward not too long ago! How crazy is that?! We talked to her for quite a bit, and received a text from her later that night saying thank you for the conversation, that she was struggling with the transition coming home and such. It was a reminder to me that God love us all! He answers our prayers, often through other people. It is such a neat experience to be able to be that answer that someone is searching for! The church is true, the book is blue, and Moroni is always on the ball. That's all!!
Well,
I hope that you all have a lovely week, enjoy the warm weather!
I love you lots,
Love, Sister Christina Trickler


No comments:

Post a Comment