Thursday, October 9, 2014



Hello!! It is great to hear from you, as always :) It sounds like things are going well at home, busy but well! It is sort of strange to have a year without canning....it just isn't quite the same! This last week I came to the realization that I am just not a fan of spaghetti sauce that you buy at the store. This week I decided to buy the ingredients and just make it myself. I definitely took delicious sauce for granted! That and jam ;) 
It is sort of crazy to hear that Matthew is doing xc and Jackie has all-state choir. I feel like I was just there! Time really moves too quickly sometimes I think. I am glad that Jacob has a good coach, that makes a huge difference. I know that I had coaches that really influenced me, in a positive way.  And good luck with parent teacher conferences. You might need to go get ice cream or something afterwards! It is interesting how we all have different struggles in life. I never struggled with school, but definitely had some other struggles some of my sibilings haven't had. There is a reason though, we are all able to help each other. It's interesting, I have had 6 companions now, and they are all very different, and all have different struggles. Most of the time their struggles are different then mine, which is a blessing. They are able to help me, and I am able to help them! At least on occasion ;)
Conference was quite a delightful experience. The longer I am out, the more I realize that my life is going to be much different than I imagined when I get home. It is a strange feeling. Conference gave me hope in the future though. In a strange sort of way, I am excited to face the next adventure a head (in a little while ;) ) This could be my last conference on the mission, we'll see. There seemed to be a lot of talks on prophets in general conference, I think we are going to have to rely on them more and more in the near future. It will be great though :) Also, just a random sidenote...I didn't know most of the songs that the choir sang, it was sort of strange!
Haha I am glad you got your hair cut, but that does sound short! Mine is very long....I can't wait until I can cut it! I am hoping to donate it, so I need a little bit more length. But this winter might drive me to cut it, It is cold enough now that I need to dry it every day, and that takes a while lately! It has been in the 40's pretty consistantly the past week. 40's with rain and wind....winter is here! Thank you so much for the sweaters, they came at just the right time. I might have to buy some tights, but we'll see. I am hoping that I won't need to, but I think I just am in denial that the cold weather is coming. Snow was predicted this week, but we didn't get any....maybe this next week if we are lucky ;) 
Today we had a zone p-day which was really fun. We played capture the flag, and did a relay.....and....played ultimate frisbee for a little while. I admit my participation in that one was pretty limited, what can I say, I am just terrified when a crowd of people (especially tall elders) run towards me! It was good though to be with other missionaries, and to remember that we are not alone! We are going to have a mission conference later this month, which I am looking forward to. I got here last year just a few weeks after the mission conference, so I haven't had the opportunity to experience one yet!
As mentioned before, conference was really great! Here are a couple of my thoughts, I thought I would share :)
1. Stay in the boat!!!
2. God will not make us to be something we are not, we must have free agency. We can choose who we want to become.
3. Christ died not to save everyone, but to offer repentance to all.
4. Loving others is probably our gratest challenge in this world right now.
5. Accept trials, setbacks, and surprises as part of this moral experience.
And of course
6. Follow the example of Jesus Christ. Walk as He walks, not where He walked.
There are just a couple of things I loved....general conference is great :) I hope and pray that you all have a lovely week!! Just keep going, one step at a time :)
Love,
Sister Christina Trickler

No comments:

Post a Comment