Monday, October 27, 2014



Hello!!
Haha no, I do not get tired of that greeting, it is wonderful to hear from home :) Man, that little girl is spunky, I am glad to hear that nothing has changed! I got your package of letters this week, thanks so much! And I greatly appreciate the voting ballot! Although, I am regretably not informed at all...haha such is the life of a missionary ;) I guess I'll pray about it or something! It was perfect timing seeing as we heard about voting from the first presidency in church. I have letters in the mail for the kids, so Matthew is going to get a card at least :) But I will send him an email. I can't believe he is so old, they all are looking so old! Grandma sent me a picture from the adoption, it was great :) And I do quite like the hair! 
Guess what? Do you remember Sara Turner? Well...she is in my district. Meaning that she is in the neighboring ward, and we will see each other at least 4 times a week for a couple of hours! Isn't that crazy? I saw her yesterday for the first time, and it was sort of strange, because sometimes I forget that Utah exists, but it was really great to talk to her :) She is really going to be an incredible missionary, I can tell already! And she has a wonderful companion. We are going to carve pumpkins with them and a couple of sisters in the surrounding areas today, I am quite excited! It is the first time that Sister Huang has carved a pumpkin, so we went and picked some out this morning from a stand on the side of the road. It reminded me of when I grew pumpkins and sold them. Good times :) 
I am glad that you had a good Stake Conference! I am sure that was really neat to have Elder Nelson there! And I love that story about visiting less active souls. Sometimes it does get sort of discouraging because they don't seem to ever want to change, or they don't want to talk to you, but it is really neat to see that we can have an impact, and make a difference. The little things we do definitely make a big difference in the end! Even if we feel like we did nothing, a seed was planted. 
That remindes me of two of my favorite people in Austin! A mother and her daughter that got baptized while we were there. I remember that I was with Sister Amis, trying to find some less-active members. We went to one house, and no one was there. After knocking, Sister Amis thought that we should go try a yellow house across the street. We did, and found out that a less-active family lived there. When we returned to see them again, we were introduced to their cousins, the two who were baptized. They are amazing people!! It was neat though that we were able to find them through less-active members. I wear a braclet that the daughter made for me every day reminding that the little things we do make a difference. Plus it is a really cute braclet ;)
Haha oh goodness, I have read a bit of the Old Testament as well, what a crazy book of scripture!! There are some amazing stories in there, and then some that make you wonder! 
I am sorry that you have had a headache, I have been having some recently as well. They seem to hit me for 3 weeks or so, then I get a little break. Isn't it funny how it makes you so much more grateful for a healthy body when you have pains like that? It is sort of neat. It reminds me that there really has to be opposition in all things! 
Well,
Miracles happen!! I hope that you all have a lovely week :)
Love you lots!
-Sister Christina Trickler

p.s. I am not sure when our day to email will be next week, so don't panic if you don't get an email from me on Monday. We have a member of the 70 visiting us, and with Halloween, p-day

No comments:

Post a Comment