Monday, October 13, 2014



Hello!
 It is great to hear from you this lovely gray monday! This week is transfers, we got news that we are both staying, so that is good. We have a lot of things happening right now, and.......I should be able to go to the temple within the next month or so!!! I am more than thrilled :)
It sounds like you had a busy sunday, those are great though. It is good to be busy, it keeps us out of trouble! ;) Man that is crazy that you are already working on music for the christmas program. It still feels like so far away!! I am sure it will be here before we know it though. Man, good for Matthew, that time isn't to shabby! He's not varsity, is he? I can not for the life remember what times were for our varsity boys.  I heard that Jackie had a blast, good for her. I think that she needed a pick-me-up. I think we all need one of those sometimes ;) Scratch that, I know we do! And good that Jake is having fun, good coaches are great. We were asked to write a talk on becoming a consecrated missionary this past week. I haven't done it yet, but as I was thinking about the topic this morning, a quote came to mind from Coach Wright. (XC) He always told us to give 100% of what we had. It changes everyday, but as long as we truly give it our all, that is enough. I believe that applies to every situation in life. As long as we give it our all, we will go to bed satisfied with what we did. We aren't perfect, and some days we are able to give more than other days, but that is alright. We are only human, to quote Christina Perry I believe ;). Moral of that story, things that coaches say can stick with us for a long time. That, and he always told us that if we died running he would pay for our funeral. Haha that was great :)
That sounds like a really neat project you are involved in. It sounds like there is a great need. We certainly have been given so much, it is great to have the opportunity to give something back to the world. 
Adoption: Good for the family. I'll be there in spirit.
That is really neat that Elder Nelson is coming to stake conference, I am sure that it will be a great experience. Where is conference going to be held? Conferences are great. I believe that our Stake one will be held next month, which means that I will still be here for it! They are a good opportunity to get a spiritual uplift :) Thanks for the letter from Blake! It was great to hear that he is doing well. I am sure that he is having many grand adventures! Vitamin D works wonders! Here in our mission we are all told to take it as well, starting now in preparation for the winter. I didn't last year, but am seriously considering it this year! Haha I remember one day my first companion took some Vitamin D, she was so happy that day! It really works wonders :)
Fall is beautiful, the trees are very pretty here! It is a little cold, but that is alright. We are starting to get creative with the layers, so it is alright! Change is not in my future until at least the day before Thanksgiving ;) I have to admit that I am dreading winter. Just because I know how cold it can get. It isn't bad once we are in it, it is just the anticipation that gets me sometimes! It is beautiful, and once the snow falls it will be lighter at night, which would be much appreciated!
That is a great experience with your knitting group. Did you just start it? That is the best way to do missionary work. Our mission president always use to talk about Social conversion. How people need to be socially converted to the gospel as well as spiritually. I had a hard time with that one for a while, because I don't think I ever have been socially converted to the gospel, but I have seen how important it is that people have friends in the church. Christ like love can change the world. And it does, all the time. Keep it up!
So, last week I realized that I had so many miracles that were happening but I was always so tired that by the time Monday came around I forgot all of them! This week I wrote them down though...so I thought I would share a few!
(and I just copied this down from my journal (fyi)
10/7
Today I saw a super cool miracle. So, lately I've been struggling wanting to make calls, who knows why. This morning though, I was excited to call! I decided to call Sister S. (for no real reason.) I did, and she was in tears on the phone. I couldn't really understand what she was saying. I asked if she wanted us to come over and do anything, she said no. I told her that we loved her, and she ended the call. I felt like we still needed to see her today though. We had plans to be in a completely different part of our area, but we decided we would go rake her leaves anyways. We didn't want it to be a big deal, just to let her know that we cared. So, this afternoon we went over and started to rake. (in the wind ;)) We made progress though, and after 20 minutes or so, Sister S. Came outside and told us to come in, with tears streaming down her face. We did, and she gave us huge hugs saying that she had been praying for someone to help her this morning, then right after we called her. She was praying for help, then we showed up at her house. Trust me, it wasn't coincidence. How neat is that? As we were talking to her, I received another witness that not only does God exist, but He loves each of us, and answers our prayers. It was a great experience.

10/9
Alright. yesterday's miracle : Sister Huang lost her watch when we were doing service, raking leaves for Sister S. We didn't have time to go back and search Tuesday, and forgot Wed. Afternoon. We went and ate dinner, then we were going to Stop by a potential who lived by Walmart, so we parked in the Walmart parking lot, and I had to use the restroom, so we ran inside. We needed our jackets, so we came back to the car. After putting on our jackets, sister Huang said that we needed to pray! I was in a rather silly mood, so i hopped in the backseat to say a prayer, she got in as well. AS soon as we said amen, she opened her eyes, and saw her watch on the ground! Keep in mind that we never sit in the back seats!

Moral of the story: Miracles exist every day, it is just a matter of realizing it, and recognizing them!
I hope you all have a lovely week!!
Love,
Sister Christina Trickler

No comments:

Post a Comment