Tuesday, April 7, 2015



Hello!! It is great to hear from you all!
Wasn't conference just great? It is the most wonderful thing on a mission....a great spiritual uplift, and a break for 8 hours. ;) It was interesting to me to note the themes that were throughout conference. Obviously family, but I noticed a lot about the plan of salvation as well. In my study of the Atonement this past month, over and over I realize that in order to understand the Atonement more fully, we must study and come to understand the Fall. Both fascinating topics that I could study for ages. :) 
Just some thoughts that I loved from conference (some my thoughts, some quotes)
-Do I make others want to be better by just being around me?
-Thee lift me, I'll lift me and we'll ascend together
-Fear paralysis us! Have faith and trust in God. :)
-Press on and endure to the end. Trust in what you know, don't get caught up in what you are questioning, or not sure of at the moment. 
-I can teach you to dance, but you have to hear the music!
-A saint is a sinner who keeps on trying
-Prayers are answered in the temple, peace is received that can be felt no where else. Also, how neat was it to hear those 3 temples announced, especially the one in the ivory coast!!!!! Oh man, I was so stoked for that one. :)
-Anchor your faith in the plain and simple truths of the gospel
-The brotherly hands and strong arms of Jesus Christ reach down and lift us out of the abyss of sin
-Average is the enemy of excellence
-Grace unlocks the gates of heaven and opens the windows of heaven....His grace refines us, helps us to become our best selves!
-Gospel perspective is essential in decisions made for eternity
-Joseph Sitati's whole talk! This one was definitely my favorite one. I have a testimony that if we go into conference with a question it will be answered! Sometime we have to watch 4 1/2 sessions before we receive our answer, but it will come! :) The church is true!
-And last but not least, How can I make the Sabbath day a holy and sacred day?

Oh man. It was such a great experience!! This world is getting crazier and crazier...it is clear to see how following the council that we are given at general conference will bless and guide our lives! The only way to true peace and happiness is to follow the teachings of the Savior Jesus Christ. 
Now to respond to your email ;)
I am glad you got my letter....Yes, everything seems to work itself out....but not without a ton of stress, and prayer! I'm hoping to figure out my work situation fairly soon after getting home, that is the next major stress. Haha it'll be fine I'm sure.
I loved your thoughts about general conference. Marriage was a huge theme, and the 2nd coming was mentioned a lot. Eternal perspective is an incredible blessing that we have as members of the church! I feel like I definitely was called to repentance on some things, and received some great answers to prayers. Another thing that I thought about a lot was how I treat those around me. Someone said something along the lines of "it is better to choose to be happy than to always be right".....that is something that I can work on! Haha dang pride.
Haha Jacob is getting into Beehives? That is.....good for him! Haha sounds like a painful job, but what do I know! Oh man, aren't we an industrious house? ;) It is good to keep ourselves anxiously engaged in a good cause though. I was talking to my new companion about this just yesterday. I really struggle if I don't have a purpose. For example, spending more than 1 1/2 hours at a members house...even if it is on p-day or something is super hard for me! I get antsy and feel like I need to go accomplish something. Haha gotta love it. 
I am glad that you and Jackie were able to go out and have a fun little while the other day with hair cuts and such. Man, that is something I am going to need! I keep pushing it off thinking that it can wait a few more transfers, or months, or weeks ;)
Well, I hope that you all have a lovely week, enjoy the spring weather! Oh man, speaking of that....the first day that I had my new companion Sister Copithorne (who is from Canada, and has been out in the field for 3 months now) we encountered a crazy thunder storm! Oh man, it was so fun. I am going to miss these fantastic storms! Our appointments fell through, so we got to run through the rain going to stop-by individuals. We got back into the car and seriously looked like we just got out of the shower. Drop dead gorgeous as my former comp. Sister Callister would say. ;) Good times, goodtimes!
Have a wonderful week, I love you all!!
Love,
Sister Christina Trickler

No comments:

Post a Comment